نام تاپيک: -= PLZ Help me to improve my LISTENING ability =-

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه ahmad rayaneh's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Jul 2005
    پست ها

14 -= PLZ Help me to improve my LISTENING ability =-

,Hi dear friends
    I'm student of english translation major
    i have a big problem with my listening class (language lab) because unfortunately i thing my listening ability is too weak,
    one of important reasons is that unfortunately i hadn't experienced this situation before entering to university even in (NIEL) my big learning institue
    ...my weakness in this language ability terribly bothers me & hurts my self-confidence
    i'm glad to ask my lovely friends to guide me to improve this ability
    for first details i wanna to say that my main problem is that i can't concentrate on the scripts of unheard news & other tapes , especially when i wanna to write them down
    for more detaile our main source & book in this lovely class is "tactics for listening" developing (2/3) version , by Jack.c Richard
    i need your useful guidances
    thanck you
    at last i want you to spelling & checking my writting ability to mentioning me for my probable mistakes
    it will be kind of you too
    Last edited by ahmad rayaneh; 09-11-2007 at 02:01.

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه www.babakebadi.com's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2007
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Ahmad
    I've just sent you an introduction about listening skill in a private message
    if you need more info just let me know

Regards

Babak

تاريخ عضويت
    Jul 2005
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Ahmad
    I've just sent you an introduction about listening skill in a private message
    if you need more info just let me know

Regards

Babak
    thank you very much dear friend for useful quidances
    i'm sorry about coming late for thanking you
    i was too busy all the last week
    (midterm exams & ...)

i'll follow your guidances & will ask you my probable problems
    just i have two question
    first is that what book do you recommend to buy about idioms?
    and the other one:
    in your opinion while i'm studing tactics for listening (developing ver) , is it necessary to buy those books which you introduced?
    (tofel & IELTS)
    (also in your opinion which one will be more useful? not only for listening but also for their national usages &...)
    if you think there won't be any problem for me to study this books in this stages , i dont have any problem too & also i'll have enough time to improve my listening ability by those books

تاريخ عضويت
    Oct 2007
    محل سكونت
    INFERNO
    پست ها

پيش فرض

hi dear Ahmad

at the first i gotta say you should remove this feeling from yourself that you are weak in listening and then try to concentrate on word that you hear and if you lose some parts of a speaking try to guess what it was and before starting this method you've got to practice .how you can practice?by watching movies and listening to english songs you say i can't understand them so got the lyrics of songs from web and you can also get the subtitle of movies in the web here is one of the best site that give us the lyrics
    کد:
    برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید
    you can get the lyrics and for subtitle of movies if you just search in google addressbar for subtitle you'll get it e.g subtitle of 300 or spiderman 3 you can get what you desire and i think another reason that you are waek in listening is your accent isn't good so try to change your accent cos you know speaking and listening are interrelated here is the name of a book for improving accent "AMERICAN ACCENT TRAINING"it is a very good book for improving your accent and this book has a cd with it and all things which are said in the cd are written in the book so you can be good at listening and speaking after finishing this book and i think that another reason which cause your weakness in listening is that you are not good in idioms and slang expressions you should know more vocabs and slang terms for improving this go to slang and idiom forum there are so many useful things and i wrote sth there as i mentioned my reference is american accent training .recently our friend @mir is doing a good deed he writes sentences learned from movies so if you visit that forum it can help you a lot and eventually to make the long story short i gotta say practice practice practice cos practice makes perfect

تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2007
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Ahmad Rayaneh,

Yes, You may Start IELTS BOOK 4 & 5, if you do about 8 test, As I mentioned, you will be ready to enjoy english listening, as well as you enjoy Farsi.

I think IELTS Listening test are the best reliable source you can choose, I have this beliefe because my students proved it many times, actually that's the best shortcut to your target

If there is any thing else, I can help with, just let me know, oh, bye the way, about IDioms I suggest you : to buy English Idioms in USe by Michael MccCarthy

تاريخ عضويت
    Jul 2005
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi dear M.r. Ebadi
    I've bought exactly two books you suggested IELTS 5 & Idims in use
    since we're working & studing English grammar in use (in our grammar class) , i guessed that "Idioms in use" will be very nice to teach & diffrent too
    now with your suggestion , i'm sure about that
    so i'll try your strategies and afterward i'll proudly share my problems with you & other friends
    thanks again

تاريخ عضويت
    Jul 2005
    پست ها

پيش فرض

hi dear Ahmad

at the first i gotta say you should remove this feeling from yourself that you are weak in listening and then try to concentrate on word that you hear and if you lose some parts of a speaking try to guess what it was and before starting this method you've got to practice .how you can practice?by watching movies and listening to english songs you say i can't understand them so got the lyrics of songs from web and you can also get the subtitle of movies in the web here is one of the best site that give us the lyrics

Hello dear "jinn's king"
    thank you for your popular suggestions;

i'm agree with you about watching more movies listening more english music & step by step both of them will be useful not only to improve my listening ability but also they'll be effective for improving other abilities like speaking... but there's some problem... which the simplest point is that i dont have enough time to spend watchin movies (at least it takes me about 2 hours per each film)... anyway i'll try it more

and about "AMERICAN ACCENT" , i've heard about this popular book before but i don't have enough time to read such as these books ; in fact i think although it's helpful in improving accent & listening ability but it's not very necessary for me at THIS TIME...

and about Idioms, slangs... as i said to mr ebadi , i've bought some useful books for that (Idioms in use).

anyway thank you for your suggestion & introducing those great topics

تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2007
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Good Luck Dear

داره خودمونی میشه mohammad_yours's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Oct 2006
    محل سكونت
    Where Do I Belong
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Ahmad,

The matter of fact is that listening and speaking are two parallel subjects in English

So to increase the power of listening, try it for your listening.

Yours

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2006
    پست ها

پيش فرض

i think nosrat cds can help u very much
    i finished it. it is very useful for listeninig
    infact it is only for listening and pronunciation
    im beginner but when i finished it i understood i can understand conversations in the films
    trust me it is wonderful

صفحه 1 از 2 12 آخرآخر

Thread Information