نمايش نتايج 131 به 132 از 132

نام تاپيک: Book Café

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2008
    محل سكونت
    formidable paths
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Yea, in the early years of my high school I was crazy about physics and its branches(Astrophysics,Quantum,particles,...) and I used to read a lot of articles about it.but as the time approached I lost my interest in these areas but I still sometime read about these matters and I'd be happy to share our knowledge.
    I just have read Stephene Hawking's famous books and some articles that unfortunately I don't have them right now
    Please your hunger as you will, thus I sip my solitude...When you know about something it's like beings there and when you know the world rules, you quite feel you have experienced all eras, from the primordial till far into the future (though there's no beginning nor end)... Knowledge presents immortality

2. این کاربر از SCYTHE بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده است

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    هر آن جا که یاری خوش است
    پست ها

پيش فرض The open society and its enemies

Hi
    I was reading the first volume of this well-known book,The Open Society and Its Enemies by Carl Popper
    When I used to talk about Plato and his kind of Dialectics with my friends,many of my friends strongly recommended this book to me as Popper is a strict critic of Plato's political thoughts.
    I just started the first volume which is about Plato and Totalitarian ideas and the author criticizes Plato and his ideas(while the second Vol talks about Marxism and Hegelianism )a
    if I wanna state Plato's political program briefly we can say he believed Philosopher(s) should be the king and ordinary people should obey him
    so Popper says(or I just think he says!) this kind of privilege to philosophers brings our society into a closed and Totalitarian situation like some of the Marxism-Leninsm ideologies developed after WWII
    But,you know, this kind of critic didn't favored me at all. if we wanna make these kind of critics should we count people like Cyrus The Great as cruel and bad guys because they didn't give freedom to their people as much as today Swedish Social Democrat government?!! isn't it a bit weird? a
    I don't wanna say I do or do not agree with the author but I did not enjoy the book so much until now
    I still haven't finished it and if I changed my mind I will change my review as well a
    and maybe I'm not mature enough to read these kinds of stuff as some people say

Thanks

Last edited by Antonio Andolini; 01-09-2012 at 17:03.

Thread Information