صفحه 1 از 8 12345 ... آخرآخر
نمايش نتايج 1 به 10 از 73

نام تاپيک: Questions Questions Questions

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض Questions Questions Questions

Hello there!

I am an English teacher from Britain and I have been thinking of coming to Iran for about a year. The main reason for coming to Iran is to continue my study of the beautiful Persian language. As I’m sure you all know, the best way to learn a language is to go to a country where it is spoken!

I also would like to teach English whilst I am in Iran. I wanted to ask if any of you have teachers from abroad? Is it easy for a foreign teacher to find a job in Iran? Ideally, I need to secure a job before coming to Iran in order to get a work-visa. (It is very hard to get a visa for Iran!!) Could you possibly put me in touch with the director of your English language institute so I can arrange this? I have tried searching the internet for institutes in Iran which teach English but I haven’t had any luck.

Also, which area of Iran do you recommend? I am from London so I am used to the busy city life but I have heard that Tehran is very polluted, is this true? Are there many English institutes outside of the capital?

Thank you very much for your help. I have never visited Iran before and I am very excited about coming!!

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2006
    محل سكونت
    تهران
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi dear Kite (Because I don't know your name I'm gonna call you by your ID , if you don't mind)
    To be honest I havn't seen any english teachers from abroad in our institute (Since 1997 until 2005 that I left the institute).
    But I've heard that some of other institutes like Kish are recruiting teachers from foreign countries in order to make their students get used to the accent.
    I can't assure you that you will find a job easily but because in the ILI (Iran Language Institute-The institute which I learned english in) and some other institutes the teachers have to speak and teach in english, and it's not necessary to know persian, it wont be that much hard to get recruited.
    As you've heard Tehran is the most polluted city in Iran but I myself have gotten used to it and I don't feel the pollution any more.
    In Iran the difference between capital and other cities is great. I mean you can't get opportunitis which can be gotten in Tehran, in other cities. So if you can get used to the pollution ( In fact here's not that much polluted ) it will be great for you to live and work in Tehran.
    If you can't , some institutes like ILI and Kish have other branches in different cities.

This is the phone number of ILI's central department in Tehran. You can call them and make sure if it's possible to become one of their teachers.

I want to assure you here's not that much bad.
    We have great and charming people here who can not be found in other places.
    You wont regret if you come here.

Sure other guys will give you better points so wait to see their answers.
    Hope to see you.
    Last edited by peyman1987; 19-09-2007 at 17:54.

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2006
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hello

Please check below web site

کد:
    برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید
    You can find the contact details of the heads of kish institute there. They already have British teachers and I know that they do recruit new teachers (no difference Iranian or not). But the point is that you need to take part in some exams and interviews and TTC classes before you can start teaching there. This is the process for new Iranian teachers but I'm not sure if this will be the same for foreign teachers. If you have teaching experience and you can provide the necessary documents, this can surely facilitate your job.

Good luck

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2006
    محل سكونت
    اون سر دنیا
    پست ها

پيش فرض

You can also check this website.

ILI stands for Iran Language Institute.
    کد:
    برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید

Moreover, you can apply to be employed in PressTV, a new iranian news network in English. If your appearance is satisfactory, they may choose you!

We're looking forward to meeting you in Iran.

Regards,

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Firstly, thank you so much for all your replies..

Peyman1987: Thank you for your advice and especially the phone number for the ILI. I will give them a ring. I’m sure Tehran isn’t too bad for living in, there are over 7 million people living there after all!

Love-to-learn: Thanks for the link to Kish. I’m surprised and happy to learn that there are British teachers already teaching there. Maybe it won’t be impossible for me to get a work-visa in that case! I will try and contact them about exams, interviews etc. My problem is that in order to get a work-visa, I need a letter of confirmation from the company I will be working at (according to the Iranian embassy website). But if may prove difficult to get this before the interview. I will try and explain it to them.

@mir: Thanks for your suggestion. I have never worked in media but it would be interesting to start in Iran! I think I would probably have to work at making my appearance satisfactory though!

Once again thanks for all your help everyone. You have also worried me a little too however. The level of everyone’s English here is so good, I’m not sure that you will need me in Iran!

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه www.babakebadi.com's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2007
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Kite101

I am an english Teacher myself and I work here for many years, if you really are going to come, just let me know and I will try to find a job for you in kishair institute or perhaps national TV (IRIB) , but first you should give me your CV.

If you have any quesiton about iran, don't hesitate to ask, we welcome you to our country, and hope to learn lot from you.

best regards

Babak Ebadi

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2007
    محل سكونت
    M a S h H a D
    پست ها

پيش فرض

???? really???? you are a british teacher

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Yes I am really a British teacher!

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2007
    محل سكونت
    M a S h H a D
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Yes I am really a British teache
    i suggest you come to IRAN iran is a good country for teaching EN
    but i dont know the teaching and employment problems for teachers

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Thank you for your encouragement DiDiSks

I am trying my best to come soon as possible...

صفحه 1 از 8 12345 ... آخرآخر

Thread Information