اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه Anathema&sin's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    ...Right Here
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi Kite
    however I am not quite sure if this is your real name.I tried to write some suggestions but it seems that they all fade away.I hope you find a good job here in Iran and this is grateful if you can come here.as I see my friends specially Peyman shows you some good advices.it`s great if you leave your Email here.and let us know about your coming.

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Thank you for your kind reply Anathema&sin. I have decided to just come on a tourist visa and then I will try and sort out a work visa and a job once I'm there. I hope this works out! I think it takes about 3 weeks to get a tourist visa so I will probably arrive towards the end of this month inshallah.

Is accommodation expensive in Tehran?

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2006
    محل سكونت
    تهران
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Is accommodation expensive in Tehran?

Hello again dear kite :
    I think because your country's currence is Pound ( Am I right? ) and its value is about 1000 times more than Iran's currency , you won't have any economical problems here.
    Hope to see you soon

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    ...Right Here
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hello again dear kite :
    I think because your country's currence is Pound ( Am I right? ) and its value is about 1000 times more than Iran's currency , you won't have any economical problems here.
    Hope to see you soon

yes he is right.it`s great difference between this two(rial &Pounds)
    you would find everything cheap here.but if you are a car fan there is just one thing that make sad.you wouldn`t find any BRITISH car here. .
    Forget those royal classic bus and cab.forget those racy mini miners

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه www.babakebadi.com's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2007
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear Kite
    You need to have 2 trips to Tehran, once for investigation and second forliving
    Accommodation in Tehran has variety of ranges in price and quality
    if they get to know that you are a foreigner, they'll offer you double price, which you don't like it to happen
    When you come here, be wise,
    You can ask us as many questions as you have,
    Our best wishes for you is to enjoy - as best as possible- your time here
    if you need specific help, you have my email
    Take care
    Babak Ebadi

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

thank you for your reply Babak Ebadi and sorry for the delayed reply, I have been busy with the Eid holiday..

Yes I am sure I will get charged more because I am foreign and it is probably best to go with an Iranian. Thank you for your advice!

I wanted to ask you or anyone else who may know, is it possible for me to live with an Iranian family when I am there? I ask because this is of course better for learning Persian, because I will be surrounded with people speaking Persian all the time! Of course I would be happy to pay rent to the family I am staying with.

Or perhaps Iranians are more conservative and it would be unlikely that families would like me to stay with them? (I am 25 year old man). What do you think?

When I was living in Syria, I found that in general people are quite conservative and were reluctant to let people stay with their families. Is Iran like this too?

Anathema&sin: I don't drive so I'm not too worried about finding British cars! I do like bicycles though!

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    ...Right Here
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi dear Kite;
    About your last question as you mentioned exactley Iraninans are traditional and religious people and I think it is not easy to find a common family in Iran for living with.If you are really interested to live within the society to improve your language skills you should find bachelor persons.There is another choice,you can find a college student.They are always looking for a roommate
    .I`m sure that you can stay with us until you find suitable place for living and absolutely in this period you`ll be our dear guest.
    Last edited by Anathema&sin; 15-10-2007 at 18:23. دليل: nothin

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    ...Right Here
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi again
    Dear Kite you said that you are going to travel here to learn Persian but would you please tell us what is your motive of learning that?

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Anathema&sin: Thank you for your very kind invitation and the information. Yes I think it will probably be easier living with students or bachelors as you said.

Well I have been studying Islamic civilization here in Britain at the university and Persian is a very important part of Islamic civilization! Also I am Muslim and I'm interested in reading some of the great Persian poets like Rumi, Hafez, Attar and all the others. For these reasons I am very keen on learning Persian..

Why are you studying English?

Thread Information