You will help me very much, if you ask me your questions about listening

I will be glad to know your problems and if I can help you

waiting for your questions

Babak

Shadow of Destiny
27-03-2008, 22:07
sweet...
and you could say that again bud.

yeah, I guess my listening ability is being weakened. I used to listen to an English China radio so many hours but unfortunately after casting junks and shits on radio waves (known as parasite) from Islamic republic of Iran, step by step I lost my interest in listening to radio. I cannot use satellite either due to the same shit reason.
so tell me.. is there any other way to improve listening ability ?
Oh, GOD... what have I done to deserve this ? what have I done to live in a country like this ?

anyway...I also used to listen to English movies (without any subtitle) and tried to guess what they said and wrote them down somewhere... my listening ability is great but I wanna learn more..

so gimme some nice instructions.

have a nice one.

later.

by the way... about your signature.. don't you think it means...
خواستن توانستن است ؟

when there is an equivalent in Persian why don't you use that ?
no offense though..

Narsis_E
27-03-2008, 22:11
good topic !

I 'm one of those who has serious problem with listening , in fact , I 've improved my English to some
extent but I don 't know what should i do with my weak listening !! :41:

it 's a short time that I 've started to listen to En music & also En movie , but sometimes , not understanding the words said drives me crazy (believe me !) :19:

to improve our listening , which kinda music is better to listen (or which English or American singers sing clearly ?)

and what about movie ?

by the way , as your opinion what movies are better to watch ?(with farsi or English subtitle)

thank you in advance

Shadow of Destiny
27-03-2008, 23:48
it 's a short time that I 've started to listen to En music & also En movie , but sometimes , not understanding the words said drives me crazy (believe me !)

That's a big no no!
disappointment is the killing factor which could cause serious problems and easily exterminates whole of your hope , desire and specially motive...

what do u think ? you think you can go through this important factor in a night or two ?
and you shouldn't go crazy for the things you don't have any knowledge of... as you said it's a short time so you shouldn't make yourself worry...

to improve our listening , which kinda music is better to listen (or which English or American singers sing clearly ?)

and what about movie ?

not again... for improving your listening ability you don't need to listen to music.. that's a waste of time.. but movie is a good thing.. to be honest movie was one of the stuffs I utilized for improving my listening virtuosity. ..

I prefer, you experience a subtitled movie first and then step by step try to resort to your dexterity.
YOU yourself are the one who knows what to do.. so be a self-decision maker.

as for me, VIDEO GAME was one of the elements which drew my attention to itself and lead me to learning English.. I used games as a game for learning English.

what r u really interested in ? whatever you're interested in, you can employ it to your advantage.

see how easy was that ?

I wish you the best of luck and I hope I've been of any help.

s.hidden
28-03-2008, 00:27
Hello every body.
If you want to improve your liestening you can buy "TACTICS FOR LISTENING
It really help you."

Shadow of Destiny
28-03-2008, 01:21
it's really up to us what knida methods to choose. as simple as that...

AABB
29-03-2008, 19:09
HI every one. I opened up this topic to help the other friend who are facing this problem(inculing me) so I hope other friends help me up: I lilst some major problem which we have during some native ones speak:
1- they speak very fast: it sounds a very big problem at first you want to start in English. I suggest you go around and find some native speakers in English and aske them to speak slowly with you or you can reduce down the English movies to listen who the spell up the word and don't forget more practice earns more experience.
we firs will disucss about the first problem and then I will go ahead one by one to resolve the others. so I am waitting for your respond

www.babakebadi.com
03-04-2008, 19:42
Thanks for responding to this topic

the first fact you should know is that improving listening doesn't happen all by listening to English music or English movies,
actually there is more active process necessary to cheer you up
first you should listen
then you should listen and repeat
repeating is much more important than what most students think,
when you repeat you make your brain ready to use that phrase, so it becomes one part of your language ability, but if you don't repeat it, it will remain in your memory, just like a telephone number.
when you feel comfortable with this method, now choose longer sentences, pause and repeat again

the source you are using can be an English movie, but it can't be music, since in music intonations are modified

the bes source to improve your english listening is listening sections of IELTS CAMBRIDGE 5 to 6
they have different level of difficulties and you can see the vocabularies and phrases has a wide ranges or varities

happy studying

babak

www.babakebadi.com
03-04-2008, 19:51
by the way... about your signature.. don't you think it means...
خواستن توانستن است ؟

when there is an equivalent in Persian why don't you use that ?
no offense though..

thanks for your attention to my signature
actually I don't believe that it means
خواستن توانستن است
I believe there is a way for getting everything we want
but it doesn't mean whatever you want you can do

There are much more necessary to get what you want, than just a will.

regards
Babak Ebadi

www.babakebadi.com
03-04-2008, 19:59
. I suggest you go around and find some native speakers in English and aske them to speak slowly with you or you can reduce down the English movies to listen who the spell up the word and don't forget more practice earns more experience.
we firs will disucss about the first problem and then I will go ahead one by one to resolve the others. so I am waitting for your respond

it is not a reasonable method to find a native speaker , actually it is not easy to find native speakers in iran
There are many problems for listening
the first problem is when you feel they speak too fast
the second problem happen when you forget what you listen
the third problem is when you see you can listen but you can't understand
the forth is when you even understand the words, but you can't get the whole idea
and the last problem is when you feel still there are many words and phrases you don't know
to solve the first problem, you should improve your intonation diagnosing
use this method every day:
listen to a fast conversation
pause sentence by sentence
try to repeat what you hear
use the script ( written material of what you hear) to check if you repeat correctly
then correct yourself and repeat again
when you do that, believe in yourself
because after one month practicing you feel much better with your listening ability
happy studying

yahya_h28
05-04-2008, 16:03
hey
u know what?2 years ago i went to england.i had english diploma befor i go there but since i stepped at newcastle's airport i knew that i dont underestand the english accent even a word eventhi i went to chat classes in iran.thats becouse the iranian english teachers have learned english in persian accent so we all speak pinglish rather than native english!so what i did was i started listening to bbc radio broadcast and also watching english films and that really helped me .and now if any of my frinds ask me how can i encrease my ability of listening i tell them to watch american or english films specially the one's which are any written persian translation.

www.babakebadi.com
05-04-2008, 20:26
I completely agree with you
it would be much better if you listen pause and repeat,
in this way you will help your listening much better and at the same time you can improve your accent too

good luck

yahya_h28
07-04-2008, 17:30
hey,i just dowloaded some audio files in this forum which was supposed to increase our ability of listening,when i opened one of them i heard the voice of a man telling one af the agatha christy's books in english.i think such thing are too too much boring to use,specially when we cant read the main text!i think there must be pretty better staff to use for encreasing our ability of listening

kasparov
03-05-2008, 11:16
Dear my friends
I need a very good reference of Listening for advanced level(in american accent)c
please dont suggest to watch film (I want academic ref)

Yours

www.babakebadi.com
05-05-2008, 17:11
The best Academic Reference to improve your American English Listening is Barrons TOEFL IBT,
It has 5 Listening tests, including Scripts and answer keys,
the good point about the test is that they have different level of difficulty, so you can improve your listening gradually,
You shouldn't just do the test, you should do the test,
then repeat what you hear
and finally check what you said with the script,

after one week practicing, now it is time to do more difficult level and repeat longer phrases

Happy studying

Babak

Sec Expert
05-06-2008, 00:33
Hello dear friends
I have a problem understanding a part of an old song from modern talking.The name of the song is s_ s_ lover .This is the link:

برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنیدMy problem is with what the black man says(it's rap I think) not other part thank u very much:8:

Julian
05-06-2008, 07:58
Everyone have problem understanding rap music
i think rap sucks
but you can search for song's lyrics in the internet

Julian
05-06-2008, 07:58
Oh i found it

برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید

Sec Expert
06-06-2008, 22:41
thank u man that is what I wanted:20: