PDA

نسخه کامل مشاهده نسخه کامل : XP Speed Boost - Removing swap file

Vahed
05-10-2007, 20:23
With RAM prices dropping so low, more and more people are adding RAM to their computer. This is the best upgrade I would suggested to anyone. Well if you have 512MB or 768 MB or a whopping 1GB of RAM, you do not need a swap file (SWAP FILE is the concept of the old days when RAM was too costly). Try this out.If you have a lot of RAM, you don’t need swap file. I'm not asking for you to agree with me but it's a fact and many have tried this. It's up to you. PEACE!
Here's how:
Go to My Computer and right click on properties and get into System Properties window.
Go to Advanced tab and click on the Settings button for Performance group, click again on advanced tab and then click on change and choose NO SWAP FILE. I think you would see an improvement. If you don't like the change, follow the same steps and change SWAP FILE size to whatever you want (typically 1.5 * physical RAM). Also you can further gain by applying following changes in registry. Open Registry by going to START-RUN and type REGEDIT. Navigate to
برای مشاهده محتوا ، لطفا وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید
Look for DisablePagingExecutive. On my computer default value is 0. Set it to 1. This will stop paging act as well.

IT Articles 2007