تاريخ عضويت
    Mar 2005
    محل سكونت
    The slums of Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

نقل قول نوشته شده توسط Reza1969
    Hi guys

Sorry I joined your talk pretty late. This is a very smart question you've picked up to ask, Ashkan. To tell you the truth, I had this very question long ago when I was at the university. I asked some of my professors as well as some native speakers this question but they had no convincing answers. The point is that they don't have such an idea and in other words, the answer of this question is much more common than the question itself. And also don't forget the cultural points, too. For example, it's ok here to say odd days & even days, but in English it's meaningless.

My friends & I finally came up with these three possible questions & God knows how accurate they might be:

1. In what presidential hierarchy does John F. Kennedy stand? ( very formal )

2. Where is John F. Kennedy's place in presidential hierarchy of the U.S.? ( very formal )

3. Which president of the U.S. is John F. Kennedy? ( informal )

All the best

Keep curiosity

Reza
    Hello professor
    You're right. We must not forget cultural points. And even, the differences between these two languages.
    OK. You've told that the sentences no.1 & no.2 are very formal and the third is informal. Thus, Which one can I use when talking to a native speaker? According to the word " very formal " I've better use the sentences no.1 & no.2; I'm right, am I not? (or, aren't I ? )

تاريخ عضويت
    Feb 2005
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

12 Your point

نقل قول نوشته شده توسط *NashenaS*
    Reza Jan....
    I think ur makin a mistake in sayin Hierarchy in this case...
    em.... hierarchy is you classifying the case into some top and bottom order, but not a sequence!
    His question's got to do with who comes first and who cames next...
    Pls correct me if i'm wrong...
    Cheers

Hi buddy

Do you know what the funny point is about this question? Once before I checked this out with a native English speaker & he said it was ok. I think you're right unless the word hierarchy here means kind of chronological order. But I think yours makes more sense.

Thanks

تاريخ عضويت
    Jan 2006
    محل سكونت
    ∞±
    پست ها

Hi buddy

Do you know what the funny point is about this question? Once before I checked this out with a native English speaker & he said it was ok. I think you're right unless the word hierarchy here means kind of chronological order. But I think yours makes more sense.

Thanks
    I Love You Man, lol.

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2005
    محل سكونت
    خونمون
    پست ها

پيش فرض An urgent translation

Dear ,

I am Eme Farms the only son of late Paul Farms the managing Director of DUBE petroleum company in Cotonu capital city of Benin I must confess my agitation is real, and my words is my bond, in this proposal.

My late father was a petroleum marchant and because of his sucess in this field also because his wealth, his business associate in the field was very envy and family friend also was against him.

After death of my mother when she was giving birth in 1982, when i was two years old(2yrs) because these my father has a great love for me.as his only son my confides a lot in me because he know that a day will come when i have manage his vast wealth but the relationship painfuly did not last.

This is a story that seems like a fiction to me but today i am facing the reality of being an orphan who is also being hunted by men of wicked principles hence tragidy does not alter fact but fact remains when other hopes has being shatterd.

On the year two thousand (2004yr) after my father came back from a meeting he was complainig of stomach upset he was rushed to the hospital along the line the doctor comfirmed that he was poisend,he died two days later but before his last breath he disclosed to an amount fifteen million dollars($15 million) he deposited with a bank here in Benin.it is on this note that I am contacting you, all I needed from you is to furnish me with your bank particulars:

1) Account name

2) Account number

3) Bank address, telephone and fax number For you to assist me transfer this money in your private bank account, the said amount is (fifteen Million Dollars) $15 Million.

I am compensating you with 15 % of the total money

amount, now all my hope is banked on you and I really wants to invest this money in your country, were there is stability of Government, political andeconomic welfare.

Honestly I want you to believe that this transaction is real and never a joke.

My late father Chief FARMS gave me the photocopies of the certificate of deposit issued to him by the (BANK) on the date of deposit,for you to be clarify because, I do not expose my self to anybody I see, I believe that you are able to keep this transaction secret for me because this money is the hope of my life, it is important.

Please reply me immediately after you must have gone through my message fill free and make it urgent. That is the reason why I offered you 15 % of the total money amount, and in case of any other necessary expenses you might incur during this transaction.

N.B Try and negotiate for me some profitable blue chip investment opportunities which is risky free which I can invest with this money when it is transferred to your account, personally I am interested in estate management and hotel business, please advise me.

Reply me back immediately you receive this message formore explanation.

And promisse me to be a father considering my situationan and not to betray me and also accept me to belong to your family once again i want to have a family.

NB: my late father used me the only son as the

beneficiary / next of kin on the day of deposit and also told me to look for a foreign assistant or a foreigner with a legitimate bank Account abroad who will stand as co-beneficiary and partner abroad.

Thanks and God bless

Best regards

Eme Farms.

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه ashkanbuffon's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Mar 2005
    محل سكونت
    The slums of Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Oh yes! what a nice topic
    Last edited by ashkanbuffon; 15-06-2006 at 15:55.

تاريخ عضويت
    Feb 2006
    محل سكونت
    کنار مردم
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Dear friend Please leave your posts in the right place! Your problem is with the translation of a word and fortunately we already have a topic named Translation where you can put your question.
    Reza
    Thank you dear Reza

در آغاز فعالیت
    تاريخ عضويت
    Mar 2006
    پست ها

پيش فرض چندتا متن برای یادگیری خواندن انگلیسی

با سلام خدمت شما عزیزان
    چندتا متن برای یادگیری خواندن انگلیسی می خواست
    با تشکر

Persian post

تاريخ عضويت
    Feb 2006
    پست ها

معني اين جمله ها چي ميشه

اخطار ياهو
    سيستم شما هك شده است!

اگه معنيش خطري تر هم باشه بهتره

تاريخ عضويت
    Feb 2005
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

نقل قول نوشته شده توسط hasan11
    معني اين جمله ها چي ميشه

اخطار ياهو
    سيستم شما هك شده است!

اگه معنيش خطري تر هم باشه بهتره
    Yahoo Warning

Your system is hacked!

تاريخ عضويت
    Feb 2006
    پست ها

Yahoo Warning

Your system is hacked!
    ممنون مونده بودم چي بنويسم، كه يك بار ضايع نشم.

Thread Information