نام تاپيک: The relation between English & French

داره خودمونی میشه intellectual2009's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Apr 2009
    محل سكونت
    Halfway House
    پست ها

پيش فرض The relation between English & French

Hi There,I'm interested to know The relation between English & French,,,(I study English literature ,Why I have to learn French?)One of my instructor says:"If u know French, You can understand English better",Is it true?Thx
    Last edited by intellectual2009; 29-09-2009 at 12:17.

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2006
    محل سكونت
    Tehran
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi There,I'm interested to know The relation between English & French,,,(I study English literature ,Why I have to learn French?)One of my instructor says:"If u know French, You can understand English better",Is it true?Thx
    check out [ برای مشاهده لینک ، با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ] nice article

3. 2 کاربر از seymour بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده اند

تاريخ عضويت
    Mar 2007
    محل سكونت
    Dream Land
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi
    These two language have a same root which is Latin and some words in common, But no common point in Grammar or any other thing. And I think your instructor was so so wrong, It's obvious that he doesn't know French

If you know French, you'll learn Spanish and Italian much easier and faster. because these three are so much a like. But English and French are two different languages. If your level of English is so high, learning French will be a lot easier (just because of the common words with different pronunciation ).
    In my point of view French is such a nice and hard language to learn
    So good luck

5. 2 کاربر از A r c h i بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده اند

داره خودمونی میشه intellectual2009's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Apr 2009
    محل سكونت
    Halfway House
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Yes,I think so,,,My instructor is such an airhead!!!Hahaha

تاريخ عضويت
    Aug 2006
    محل سكونت
    مشهد
    پست ها

پيش فرض

It is said when Alexander Duma wanted to learn English (he is himself a French) he claimed English is French except with different pronunciation.

And nowadays we know that one third of all English vocabularies (and must of our foreign vocabularies in Persian) are derived from French.

p.s: Sorry I didn't notice the last post's date.
    Last edited by smahdis; 28-12-2012 at 15:04.

8. 2 کاربر از smahdis بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده اند

آخر فروم باز
    تاريخ عضويت
    Mar 2008
    پست ها

پيش فرض

HiThese two language have a same root which is Latin and some words in common, But no common point in Grammar or any other thing. And I think your instructor was so so wrong, It's obvious that he doesn't know FrenchIf you know French, you'll learn Spanish and Italian much easier and faster. because these three are so much a like. But English and French are two different languages. If your level of English is so high, learning French will be a lot easier (just because of the common words with different pronunciation ). In my point of view French is such a nice and hard language to learnSo good luck
    English is not derived from Latin. English is from the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages, while Latin is from the Italic branch. French, Spanish, Italian, etc. are, however, from Latin; that's why they are so related to each other, while English is more similar to German and Dutch.Latin and French to English are like Arabic to Persian -- linguistically they have little things to do with each other, the latters just borrowed much vocabulary from the formers.

تاريخ عضويت
    Jun 2008
    پست ها

پيش فرض

English is not derived from Latin. English is from the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages, while Latin is from the Italic branch. French, Spanish, Italian, etc. are, however, from Latin; that's why they are so related to each other, while English is more similar to German and Dutch.Latin and French to English are like Arabic to Persian -- linguistically they have little things to do with each other, the latters just borrowed much vocabulary from the formers.
    ..."Thank you for the information, but that post you quoted is dated "29-09-2009

...Please do not post in old threads

11. این کاربر از pro_translator بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده است

Thread Information