PDA

نسخه کامل مشاهده نسخه کامل : Which french methode? Reflet or Cafe Creme

M659
01-07-2011, 23:39
sorry if this does not follow the forum rules
it is pretty urgent, though, does any of you guys know if "the Cafe Creme" method of french learning is any superior to that of "Reflets"? I just got off the konkoori row, and I'm ready to resume my french studies so I was considering a change from "Iran Language Institute Reflets Method" to "Jahad Daneshgahi Cafe Creme method". so I need your brains on this, please speak out if you're any familiar with any of book series I've mentioned earlier,
your answers are appreciated in advance

A r c h i
05-07-2011, 18:53
Hi,

I think Reflet method is much better than cafe creme, I studied reflet for 3years. Reflet is a bit hard But learning French with Reflts is sooner than cafe creme. cafe creme is much easier and teach everything step by step so it takes longer to learn French and learning would be more fun.

I remember that someone came to our class when we were in 3rd term(7 months) of Reflet and she had studied cafe creme for a year and a half.

To sum:31:, What you learn with Reflet in 3 months,Takes at least 6 months with cafe creme. So it's up to you which one to choose

Good luck:11:

M659
05-07-2011, 19:23
Hi,

I think Reflet method is much better than cafe creme, I studied reflet for 3years. Reflet is a bit hard But learning French with Reflts is sooner than cafe creme. cafe creme is much easier and teach everything step by step so it takes longer to learn French and learning would be more fun.

I remember that someone came to our class when we were in 3rd term(7 months) of Reflet and she had studied cafe creme for a year and a half.

To sum:31:, What you learn with Reflet in 3 months,Takes at least 6 months with cafe creme. So it's up to you which one to choose

Good luck:11:

wow, as french put it
Enfin
this thread was actually directed to you :d since I know no one else here that's "francophone""
Yepp, But there is a slight problem however, Iranian language institute is far too lazy to engage you in class more than a couple of times a week, and That certainly is not enough for me! is there any institute which teaches reflet?

m007007
06-07-2011, 18:36
I beg to differ.
The first few terms of Café is harder than Reflets.Somethings that they teach you don't learn until 5th term of Reflets.I had studied 2 terms of Café before changing to Reflets and that was due to lack of students at that institute.We had already learned passé composé,COI,COD,and the quantity substitutions.Probably some more things as well but I don't recall to be honest.But I guess it depends on the teacher also because some of them teach you things in advance but that's even seen more in Reflets because the lessons are very badly organized and planned so I hope they give you copies of some pages of other books and teach you things in advance otherwise you're going to hit a few bumps.As for me having studied two terms of Café I'd go for this one.But I could be misjudging 'cause like I said I didn't stay on that one for very long.And now??Well I'm studying Reflets 2 and can't really complain thanks to those "supplémentaire" papers.but the teachers are important as well.And don't forget persistent effort because it's far more complex than English.I think Café is older than Reflets but that doesn't matter that much probably.So it's up to you and in my opinion both could just do the trick given the right variables.
Good luck

M659
06-07-2011, 18:54
I beg to differ.
The first few terms of Café is harder than Reflets.Somethings that they teach you don't learn until 5th term of Reflets.I had studied 2 terms of Café before changing to Reflets and that was due to lack of students at that institute.We had already learned passé composé,COI,COD,and the quantity substitutions.Probably some more things as well but I don't recall to be honest.But I guess it depends on the teacher also because some of them teach you things in advance but that's even seen more in Reflets because the lessons are very badly organized and planned so I hope they give you copies of some pages of other books and teach you things in advance otherwise you're going to hit a few bumps.As for me having studied two terms of Café I'd go for this one.But I could be misjudging 'cause like I said I didn't stay on that one for very long.And now??Well I'm studying Reflets 2 and can't really complain thanks to those "supplémentaire" papers.but the teachers are important as well.And don't forget persistent effort because it's far more complex than English.I think Café is older than Reflets but that doesn't matter that much probably.So it's up to you and in my opinion both could just do the trick given the right variables.
Good luck

thanks dude!
I decided to go along with reflets, my problem is with the institute not the books, since iranian language institute is far too idle to consider having 3 sessions a week instead if 2. I was certain that would slow my progress, I'm left with no choice though. Thanks to you all who took the time to answer:11:

A r c h i
07-07-2011, 19:12
I think Ghotbe Ravandi is one of the best in teaching French, classes are 3days a week and they teach Reflets.

Ask 118 :) They have a the phone number,I went to "Kanoon Zaban" and my classes were 1 day a week6 hours..That's why I don't remember any French now:31:l

M659
23-07-2011, 22:40
I think Ghotbe Ravandi is one of the best in teaching French, classes are 3days a week and they teach Reflets.

Ask 118 :) They have a the phone number,I went to "Kanoon Zaban" and my classes were 1 day a week6 hours..That's why I don't remember any French now:31:l

ouch! 6hours a day,that's gotta hurt!
yes , I've heard about Ghotb Ravandi and have looked through their website, unfortunately since I'm resided in Isfahan that institute is out of question for me
--
In the end , I had to go to jahad daneshghahi and the Cafe Creme , after all.
That's because Kanoon classes couldn't reach the quorum for their classes (can you imagine , only 2
people enrolled for NEP2).

so a word of advice to those who would read this thread in the years to come(!), DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS on an institute that doesn't have a full-on schedule set for the year because there would be no guarantee what so ever that you gonna be able to study your way up(this gets worse if you're living in a small town)

---
Regarding the two methods I've discussed earlier, I found the Cafe Creme much more interesting , since the topics are much well designated and usually more fun, in comparison with Reflets , I personally think the focus has been shifted from the grammar to the vocabulary.

Hope this helps anyone as lost as I used to be!:31:

masoud glx
21-08-2011, 16:13
hey guys
i just bought some cafe creme books and wanna practice on em by my own !! coz in the holly great ( call it damn ) city im landed recently , there is no institute for learning french . of course ive got no problem with self learning like i learned this much i know from english by my self and with no class but a big question mark appears here when i cant even spell a french word, can i learn anything without an institute ??

i dont know exactly but it seems french needs someone as a teacher who teach me in the first step to how i can say the words in the true shape ! is it normal !? or im a lil' dumb in this case ??

and at the end i appreciate every help and advise for learning french in maximum 7 months to be able to pass an interview
tnx ya'll

btw ive got these books plus cafe creme series too :

Grammaire du Francis, Cours de civilistion francaise de la sorbonne
Le nouveau bescherelle , 1.L'art de conjuguer dictionnaire de 12000 verbes
Expressions imagees et proverbes de la langue francaise
Larousse de poche, edition mise a jour
Dictionnaire de poche francais-persan
Dictionnaire de poche persan-francais
Noveaue dictionnaire persan-francais, Dr. Moallem
and some few french story books