PDA

نسخه کامل مشاهده نسخه کامل : What are your suggestions for imroving listening skill?

mohammad.clergyman
26-05-2006, 15:46
In the name of God

hi ! my attractive ; interesting; handsome & .. Friend

unfortunately[ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ](32).gif my listening is so weak
indeed I don't know listening is sth which we can obtain it in the passage of the time
or it could be achieved at once . however i think english educator divide to two groups ;
some who has got a nice listening and some others not but in fact i am not sure as well as it doesn't clear for me that listening is related
to human's talent or only it needs practising
some of english teachers say : in order to have a nice listening ; you must listen till you'll achieve it . and the
others say : listening needs sensibility of hearing and it depends how God created you
therefor I request you to help me about whole statements above and

what do you suggest to get the ability of lestening ? please explain step by step
do you suggest movie or tape ? what sort of movie ? cartoon ? native or english educated speech
please describe completely

I offer you millions of thanks

mohammad.clergyman
28-05-2006, 08:45
Thank you for your response !!

Marichka
29-05-2006, 15:38
Hello my dear friend :)
Before answering to your question I must admit that there are so many english masters in here Which can help you more with this but I just describe my personal experiences in this case, maybe it will be usefull to you. :happy:
I think for improving your listening "talent" is important but as not as how much you put affort to understand the words. In other word, if you really try to understand them at the begining maybe they seem so difficult to be understood but as time passes and after a short period of time you find that those same words which were hard to be understood are becoming simple and your ear in becoming more familier with them.
For this purpose as you yourself said, it will be helpfull to listen to tapes and watch movies. But there is an order to doing so:
1- In the first stage you can listen to the kinds of tapes that come with a small handy book usualy a story book or something like that.
2- As you improved your listening this way and words became more familier with you, you can watch some movies which have been desigend specialy for improving yor listetning and they usauly include simple dialogs or monologs about some routin subjects.
3- And in the last stage you can start watching real movies with original language of english (preferebly with american accent) and this way you can step by step learn how to use some simple primary sentences in right order yourself.

Besides these 3 stages I mentioned here I suggest that if you want to watch movies choose the ones you yourself like their subject because this way you will be curious to understand what really happend in each scene and your brain automatically tries to understand more and more and you'll be successful.
At last it is important to have patience because as you go forward in this case you will enjoy the ability you have gained.

I wish you best of fortune in every moment of your life :)
Dianella ;)

GiGida
29-05-2006, 17:30
which we can obtain IT in the passage of the time(it doesnt need "IT" because of WHICH)

i think english educator IS DIVIDED to two groups (its passive)

ABOUT YOUR Q ISUGGEST U JUST ENGLISH MOVIES

;)

mohammad.clergyman
29-05-2006, 19:27
In the name of God

Dianella thank you very much for your complete & perfect answer
as you told the first stage is reading some handy book which are tape included but you didn't mention "how to read them " as you know .there are some possible ways . some of well-exprienced educator of english say It's incorect if you listen to the tape and look at it's script simultaneously .please descripe more as well as I give my speciall thanks to GIGIDA because he improved my mistakes

It is all right to improve each other's mistake .we must develop this culture

but i don't think the first step of english learning of listening is watching movie

in your view what about english-educated pepole's speech do you recommend it

thanks in advance

Marichka
29-05-2006, 20:51
Hello Dear Mohammad
Your welcome and I hope it was useful to you.
You are right about the handy books. But I think in a very primary stage of improving your listening and if you have lots of problems with it which inhibit you from understandig even one word for example, It is inevitable to do it that way (listen to the tape and look at the text) but if you feel you are able to understand words with a little help you can read the text paragraph by paragraph and then listen to it through the tape.
And about watching movies you are right too. As I said, you "can" watch them in any time if you really are interested but if you want to go through this in a systematic way first you should try understanding simple words and sentences and after that gradually expand what you listen to more difficult ones such as movies with original language.

Please ask any probable questions which you may have.
Best of luck
Dianella :)

GiGida
30-05-2006, 03:07
when you see a movie and you want to know all the scripts i think it can be even the first part and also if you go to an institue for learning your listening will be improved talking&listening to others in class

mohammad.clergyman
30-05-2006, 11:32
Please ask any probable questions which you may have.

Thank you vey much dianella . now because of your statement I have a question which is not related to this topic's subject

could you explain the Nor structure for me

maybe by example

Thanks again

Marichka
30-05-2006, 14:12
Thank you vey much dianella . now because of your statement I have a question which is not related to this topic's subject

could you explain the Nor structure for me

maybe by example

Thanks again

Hello My dear friend :)
I don't know what specially is in your mind about "Nor" structure that you want me to explain but I tell whatever I know about it.
We use "nor" whenever we want to participate in some negative condition and say that we have something in common but in negative way. Nor usauly comes after a negative sentence and claims that the second situation is negative too but the appearance of the second sentence is not negative. I mean the structure of the sentence has no negative verbs in it but its meaning is negative.
Here is one example:
-I heard no sounds!
-Nor I!

or:
There is nothing in the cupboard to eat nor in the refrigrator!

The second one simply wants to say that there is no food in both places (cupboard and refrigrator) but also wants to emphasise on the statement.

Hope my explanation would be clear enough to understand and correct too.
As you know I am not very good at grammer in this way cause simply I am not an english teacher :blush:

GOOD LUCK
Dianella :happy:

RobertDeniro
20-07-2006, 22:39
USA Radio Channel Is The Best For Your Listening

Van Gogh
22-07-2006, 08:25
Dear Friend

Just listen!
Listen to the tapes that are appropriate for your level and the tapes of your course books or graded story books. Listen again and again and try to follow the material and repeat the statements you fully understand. This is a good way!

mohammad.clergyman
24-07-2006, 09:04
USA Radio Channel Is The Best For Your Listening

Thank you very much

accidentaly I have looked a lot for USA Radio Channels

can you explain how can i listen

I mean if There is a speciall and sutibale program please mention

Thanks again

Dear Friend

Just listen!
Listen to the tapes that are appropriate for your level and the tapes of your course books or graded story books. Listen again and again and try to follow the material and repeat the statements you fully understand. This is a good way!

Thanks a lot

From Expriences I have understood so

You sound That You are experst in English

I appreciate You

Good Luck

adamhesaby
12-03-2007, 04:31
i think watching english(american or british) movies can help

meisam317
28-03-2007, 17:32
and i think you can be successfull

be aware of your appurthinity

peyman1987
29-03-2007, 02:48
Hi dears
I myself improved my listening skills by watching English programs including TV programs T radio and watching movies.
About the opinion that listening needs talent T I think not that much because for the native English people it's hard to improve their listening to our language. That means for learning anything it's necessary to practice and you'll get it.

mohammad.clergyman
29-03-2007, 18:38
Hi dears
I myself improved my listening skills by watching English programs including TV programs T radio and watching movies.
About the opinion that listening needs talent T I think not that much because for the native English people it's hard to improve their listening to our language. That means for learning anything it's necessary to practice and you'll get it.

Thanks dear due to your guiedlines:10:

own arman
30-03-2007, 13:17
you know the way i improved my listening was the lyrics of the foreign songs
about a few months ago i started to learn listening but the problem was that I COULDNT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING then i went to a lyric website and download some lyrics that i love their song
after many times of doing that i found out that i can understand the lyric by my self

Alone_In_Hell
30-03-2007, 14:23
Hi
Me Myself improve my listening by English Movie With English subtitle And Also Music
If U R not very skill ful in listening U can Start With Musics Which R not very fast
For example Rap and try to undrestand what it says and then check their lyrics to see how much were U correct

peyman1987
31-03-2007, 03:33
you know the way i improved my listening was the lyrics of the foreign songs
about a few months ago i started to learn listening but the problem was that I COULDNT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING then i went to a lyric website and download some lyrics that i love their song
after many times of doing that i found out that i can understand the lyric by my self
Yeah that is one of the most important points of achieving a skill.
If you do something in the way that you like ( for example by listening to music and reading its lyrics ) it will be easier and much more effective to advance and get to the point that you want.

sohreh
30-04-2007, 18:53
hello,
in my opinion,to improve your listening skills,you can buy a tape of the books like new interchange,or passages etc,and while listening,write word by word,i mean every thing you hear down,if something were wrong with listening try again and again,it's good to use a walkman not to annoy others
:31: !!!!
also it's good to start with children programmes in Englisht,,,
you know when you are listening,you have to consider the situation of each word you cant hear exactly,i mean the previous and next words,,,,,

try an try....

mohammad.clergyman
01-05-2007, 20:55
thanks very much

two of you mentioned the benefits of lyrics as a matter of fact i'm not that familiar to such songs but

if they are really profitable it would be somehow interesting to give it a try

by the way I need ur help to suggest some songs and lyrics which you prefer

I appreciate you all so much specially the four recent posts

Yours