PDA

نسخه کامل مشاهده نسخه کامل : The relation between English & French

intellectual2009
29-09-2009, 11:43
Hi There,I'm interested to know The relation between English & French,,,(I study English literature ,Why I have to learn French?)One of my instructor says:"If u know French, You can understand English better",Is it true?Thx

seymour
29-09-2009, 18:25
Hi There,I'm interested to know The relation between English & French,,,(I study English literature ,Why I have to learn French?)One of my instructor says:"If u know French, You can understand English better",Is it true?Thx
check out this ([ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ])nice article

A r c h i
29-09-2009, 19:33

Hi
These two language have a same root which is Latin and some words in common, But no common point in Grammar or any other thing. And I think your instructor was so so wrong, It's obvious that he doesn't know French

If you know French, you'll learn Spanish and Italian much easier and faster. because these three are so much a like. But English and French are two different languages. If your level of English is so high, learning French will be a lot easier (just because of the common words with different pronunciation ).
In my point of view French is such a nice and hard language to learn:46:
So good luck
:11:

intellectual2009
30-09-2009, 07:55
Yes,I think so,,,My instructor is such an airhead!!!Hahaha

smahdis
28-12-2012, 14:52
It is said when Alexander Duma wanted to learn English (he is himself a French) he claimed English is French except with different pronunciation.

And nowadays we know that one third of all English vocabularies (and must of our foreign vocabularies in Persian) are derived from French.

p.s: Sorry I didn't notice the last post's date.

danial_848
18-05-2013, 09:20
HiThese two language have a same root which is Latin and some words in common, But no common point in Grammar or any other thing. And I think your instructor was so so wrong, It's obvious that he doesn't know FrenchIf you know French, you'll learn Spanish and Italian much easier and faster. because these three are so much a like. But English and French are two different languages. If your level of English is so high, learning French will be a lot easier (just because of the common words with different pronunciation ). In my point of view French is such a nice and hard language to learn:46:So good luck:11: English is not derived from Latin. English is from the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages, while Latin is from the Italic branch. French, Spanish, Italian, etc. are, however, from Latin; that's why they are so related to each other, while English is more similar to German and Dutch.Latin and French to English are like Arabic to Persian -- linguistically they have little things to do with each other, the latters just borrowed much vocabulary from the formers.

pro_translator
18-05-2013, 10:39
English is not derived from Latin. English is from the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages, while Latin is from the Italic branch. French, Spanish, Italian, etc. are, however, from Latin; that's why they are so related to each other, while English is more similar to German and Dutch.Latin and French to English are like Arabic to Persian -- linguistically they have little things to do with each other, the latters just borrowed much vocabulary from the formers.

..."Thank you for the information, but that post you quoted is dated "29-09-2009

...Please do not post in old threads

:n16: