dont you want to answer

hamid_m66
16-07-2007, 15:57
:20:hey guys
:5:how did you learn English
:46:let us know your experience
i went to headway classes but i actually learnt how to speak by coming to u.s
what about you?

hi pegah are u having fun?i havent alot of experience but i suggestion u that always memories words with sentnce and buy a long man or oxford dictionry student ..it was about vocabulary and about a diffcult thind that most of guys have problem with that .it is speaking if u want have good skill speaking u have to be rude girl in english class.and dont think about things u want to say.and if u have alot of time in the internt can add my id in yahoo messnger and some times talk tom me.this is my id: h.boy2007@yahoo.com

•*´• pegah •´*•
16-07-2007, 20:22
thanx for your attention
i know what you are saying i had problem when i first went to these classes but i got used to that after a while
do you know something funny ?
i hate to use dictionary and i have never had one
i always keep asking until i find out my answer
i think its waste of time to search in dictionary
i dont know its my opinion
thanx for your email address
good luck

Kevin_Rad
16-07-2007, 21:54
How are you doing there Pegah? Huh?
Actually I began learning English gradually by myself. I confess that was a hard task, but I tried so hard to expand my skills in English especially speaking in a way that a Native American speaker does and I made it.
Using Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (OALD) was genuinely the best way EVER for learning new words and even newly-made words such as Googling, roll-together and so on...
And after about 2 or 3 years I attended Pre-IELTS courses and I had an IELTS exam in Tehran
that’s it
Good luck in the dream country Pegah

•*´• pegah •´*•
16-07-2007, 22:00
Fences are only for those who CAN NOT fly
oh my god your signature is awesome it has impressed me
its one of the things i believe strongly in
what do you mean dream country:31::31::31:

Kevin_Rad
16-07-2007, 22:44
Fences are only for those who CAN NOT fly
oh my god your signature is awesome it has impressed me
its one of the things i believe strongly in
what do you mean dream country:31::31::31:

:31:I'm really happy that I could impress you!!1
The Dream Country or The Dream Land is United States of America that I think you are living in. :D
As you said in your first post!:31: 1
Any questions?1
Good Luck!q

•*´• pegah •´*•
16-07-2007, 23:02
well whatever your right
but that doesn't mean anything if i am here it doesnt mean its my dream country so....
no no other question but thanx for asking though

Kevin_Rad
16-07-2007, 23:13
well whatever your right
but that doesn't mean anything if i am here it doesnt mean its my dream country so....
no no other question but thanx for asking though

Dear Pegah, I don't want to say that "I'm right"! Absolutely not! But the U.S. is a dream land for sb who is terriblely restricted and limited by force! look at us! what we (Iranians in Iran) have? almost nothing! but at least in the U.S. people can live peacefully. Right! Right! they (Americans) have their own problems, but problems in Iran are quite disgusting!1

•*´• pegah •´*•
16-07-2007, 23:21
ok i know this topic will be in trash because our discussion has nothing to do with the subject but i will answer anyway
what do you think of here?
a dream land??
now you are absolutely wrong
you cannt do whatever you want here
besides you are always a foreigner here
until you are living in that country you never understand what does MISS mean
i have terribly missed iran and my family
i dont say its bad or whatever here no its a really free country
but let me tell you something after i get my degree i will come back iran i am 100% sure
unless i get married with an american guy(just kidding)
but i dont want my childrent to be raised here its not good for them at all
its not really what you think
i must to come here no other choice
but if someone wants to improve he/she can do it in iran
if you cant do anything in iran be sure you cant do it here either

Kevin_Rad
16-07-2007, 23:37
Dear Pegah I didn't mean to hurt you or impose my idea on you!1
In order to make every thing clear I will send a P.M. to you.

I do apologize to the topic readers for any inconvenience made by me!1

hamid_m66
17-07-2007, 10:38
i dont konw how do u memories words by listening????????????????
plz learn me ablout it.becuse check world on the dictionry take a long time .and in your opinon waste the time.

Kevin_Rad
18-07-2007, 00:32
plz learn me ablout it.becuse check world on the dictionry take a long time .and in your opinon waste the time.

Hi dear Hamid_m66,a
Let me teach you a very simple tip that will help you to improve your vocabulary. When I was a beginner I used to memorize many words by writing them on piece of paper and repeat them and wish I finally put them in my long-term memory! But honestly, it didn't work!a

One day I was watching a program that was about memorizing! The person who was talking said something very interesting. He said:" don't enforce yourself to memorize, you have to learn things by means of taking a look at them like a hobby! Psychologically it will enforce your brain to accept whatever you wanna learn easily!"a

Another manner that I use, is to memorize words gradually not suddenly. If you are going to memorize bunches of words in a very short period of time, you may save them in your short-term memory but after a while all of them will be forgotten!a
I hope I could help you a bit!
Good Luck buddy!a

A r c h i
19-07-2007, 17:01
I definitely agree with you about this kevin. there shouldn't be enforcement in learning or memorizing.

one of the things that really helped me to remember what I read , was taking a look at what I had learnt after some months.
I read the 504 book about 3 times and now I know most of the words. I dont mean reading the book 4times continuously , I read it once last summer, once last winter and another time about 2 months ago. Now I can say I've memorized some words from that book:31:l, everything needs time, specially vocabulary

Good luck everyone!l

Kevin_Rad
19-07-2007, 22:21
I definitely agree with you about this kevin. there shouldn't be enforcement in learning or memorizing.

one of the things that really helped me to remember what I read , was taking a look at what I had learnt after some months.
I read the 504 book about 3 times and now I know most of the words. I dont mean reading the book 4times continuously , I read it once last summer, once last winter and another time about 2 months ago. Now I can say I've memorized some words from that book:31:l, everything needs time, specially vocabulary

Good luck everyone!l

Hi,
Your solution does work! I totally agree with you!
But let me tell you something about 504. 504 is a very good book, right! But about two years ago when I was reading and working on it, an expert that is very reliable, told me that unfortunately 80 percent of the examples given there, are not correct!
I finished the book anyway! And after six months of investigation on the examples and comparing them with OALD, I got it, that majority of the examples are terribly wrong!
My suggestion to you is to concentrate on words only neither on examples nor the Farsi translations written there.
Good luck!
ssds

graphmax
19-07-2007, 23:02
i think speaking with a British or american person, or who knows english is the best way for everybody
also if u wanna learn another language like Russian, Arabic, Spanish and ... this method is simple and useful.
but the only problem is finding a foreign person:27: :d

A r c h i
20-07-2007, 00:20
Hi,
Your solution does work! I totally agree with you!
But let me tell you something about 504. 504 is a very good book, right! But about two years ago when I was reading and working on it, an expert that is very reliable, told me that unfortunately 80 percent of the examples given there, are not correct!
I finished the book anyway! And after six months of investigation on the examples and comparing them with OALD, I got it, that majority of the examples are terribly wrong!
My suggestion to you is to concentrate on words only neither on examples nor the Farsi translations written there.
Good luck!
ssds

I didn't even read the examples in the book :31:, I just concentrated on the words itself. I knew most of them before. I just read the examples of the ones I didn't know. So I don't know weather the examples are wrong or not.
And about the farsi meaning? Does it have farsi?? mine doesn't have it:20:
I didn't know that it has wrong examples, Thanks for the info. I should pay more attention about it
Also I should let you know that I even don't have an English- Persian Dictionary, because every teacher told me just to use the English- English Dictionaries and that's what I'm using...l

anyway, Has anybody read the 609, what do you think of it?

Good luck

chovalier
20-07-2007, 00:36
i think speaking with a British or american person, or who knows english is the best way for everybody
also if u wanna learn another language like Russian, Arabic, Spanish and ... this method is simple and useful.
but the only problem is finding a foreign person:27: :d

Hi dear graphmax
Thanks for your answer ... Yes you're right ... I think if I go to foreign countries , I can find one of them . Can't I?
But it is an important question that you speak English well , so how did you find an English speaker ? Help us Please
Thanks a lot

Behroooz
20-07-2007, 20:37
at school and by reading books

•*´• pegah •´*•
20-07-2007, 21:49
if you hear a word for 3 times or maybe 4 you can memorize it easily especially when someone who English is his/her native language is explaining the meaning for you