PDA

نسخه کامل مشاهده نسخه کامل : Everyday English in Conversation **Audio

mir@
06-03-2007, 10:16
Category Weather

In the dialogue below, Gary and Sharon are complaining about how hot the weather is today....

Gary: Oh, my! It's really hot! I've never seen such scorching weatherin my life!
Sharon: Tell me about it. It's like the whole world is broiling.
Gary: Oh, look at the thermometer! The temperature has hit 98!
Sharon: I hope it's not gonna break into three digits!
Gary: But it's already awfully close!
Sharon: Well, I just hope it'll level off.
Gary: I guess we can't do anything until after dark then.
Sharon: I guess so. What else can we do? You can't stay in the heat for long!

[ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ] ([ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ])

mir@
06-03-2007, 10:26
Category: Eating

Louise is curious about why her friend Shelly eats out very often...

Louise: How often do you eat out, Shelly?
Shelly: Well, very often. I eat out almost five times a week.
Louise: Wow, I really envy you.
Shelly: Don't envy me. It's for business. In fact, I'm sick and tired of restaurant food. Sometimes I just want a home-cooked meal.

[ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ] ([ برای مشاهده لینک ، لطفا با نام کاربری خود وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید ])

mir@
06-03-2007, 10:38
Ryan finds a new job in New York and is about to move there. He doesn't want his friendship with Adriana to drift apart. He wants to keep in touch.

Adriana: I heard you're moving to New York.
Ryan: Yes. I've got an offer in upstate New York.
Adriana: Oh, that's great! But I'm going to miss you.
Ryan: Me, too. Let's keep in touch.
Adriana: Yeah. Don't forget to drop me a line when you settle down.
Ryan: Trust me. I won't. I'll keep you posted.
Adriana: You have my address?
Ryan: Well, I have your e-mail address.
Adriana: All right! I look forward to hearing from you soon. Good luck!

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:12
Category: Emothins

Jan: What's going on between you and Gary? Did you guys have a fight or something?
Andy: I can't stand him any more. He has such a short fuse that even a little piece of friendly advice sets him off.
Jan: So what did you tell him?
Andy: I told him that if he could be more patient and try not to lose his temper so easily, he would be more popular.
Jan: No wonder he threw a fit. His popularity is really a sore spot.
Andy: Well, I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. That'll teach me to give advice!
Jan: Not unless you want to die!

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:15
Vickie's husband had a bad day. He flared up at Vickie at the slightest provocation..

Vickie:
Jack, can you do the dishes tonight? I'm very tired.

Jack:
Can't we just put them in the dish-washer? I've had a very bad day, too! I just want to kick back and relax.

Vickie:
Hey! Just because you had a bad day today doesn't give you permission to take it out on me!

Jack:
Just leave me alone!
Vickie: Why are you being such a turd! I wish I hadn't gotten married!

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:18
Category Emotions

Mark tells June that he was ripped off by a garage. June sympathizes with Mark and suggests that he file a complaint with the consumer protection agency.

June: You look so angry. What happened?
Mark: Nothing. I'd rather not talk about it. Just don't ask.
June: Come on. I think you need to let off some steam. Besides, you shouldn't keep your feelings pent up. They'll eat you alive. So, talk to me.
Mark: All right. This morning I took my car to the garage to have them check the air-conditioner. They only gave it a once-over, refilled it with some Freon, and charged me 300 bucks!
June: No wonder you're livid. I'd be mad, too if someone ripped me off like that.
Mark: Yeah. AND they were rude. They said I didn't know anything about cars, which I don't, but they didn't have to be so blunt!
June: Sounds like you got a raw deal! Maybe you should file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency.

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:20
Category Emotions

Andy complains to Judy that the boss is being unreasonable, flaring up at him for something that isn't a big deal.

Judy: You look like you're fuming. What's going on?
Andy: The boss is being unreasonable! He flared up at me, making a mountain out of molehill!
Judy: What's the "molehill" he made a mountain out of?
Andy: I only made a few more copies, and I didn't think it was any big deal, but he blew up at me!
Judy: Well, he has been under a lot of pressure recently. The company has been losing money and he's been a little bit depressed.
Andy: Well, I know he has the blues, but it doesn't mean he can vent his anger on me.

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:26
Category Emotions

Mark tells Clara that he can't stop being angry at Ted because Ted was mean to him the other day. Clara tries to persuade Mark to let go of his anger.

Clara: What happened just now, Mark? You werne't very kind when you were talking with Ted. What do you have against him?
Mark: I just don't like him at all.
Clara: Why? Is there something in particular?
Mark: Well, he has such a mean streak in him! I went to his office to ask him for some help, and he simply turned up his nose at me! I was so angry that I wanted to slap him! He wasn't like that before he got the job. Now he's such a snob!
Clara: You want my advice? Let it go.
Mark: Of course, logically I know you're right, but somehow I just can't bring myself to forget it. Even the mention of his name starts me fuming.

mir@
07-03-2007, 10:33
Category: Romance

Mike wants to break up with his girlfriend because....

Gary: Hi, Mike, we're having a party tonight, wanna come join us? You can bring your girlfriend.
Mike: Well...I'm breaking up with Cathy.
Gary: What happened? Did you have a fight?
Mike: No. She's really a very nice girl....
Gary: Yeah, she is. She's pretty, caring, and easy-going. And she's a great cook! She's a gem!
Mike: Well, you're right. But sometimes she's too caring... well...no...she's just possessive...and...uh... I kind of want a break...you know...for some room for myself.
Gary: Oh?! Did you talk with her about it?
Mike: I've tried, but...it didn't work.
Gary: Oh. So, when are you going to tell her?
Mike: Maybe tonight. I don't know. I don't know how to tell her.
Gary: I know she's head over heels in love with you. She'll be badly hurt!
Mike: I know....

mir@
11-03-2007, 13:25
Category: Emotions

Jake has a terrible toothache, but he refuses to see a dentist because he had an unnerving experience before.

Jake: Ouch! This tooth is really bugging me.
Anna: Maybe you have a cavity. Have you seen the dentist?
Jake: No, I haven't. Going to the dentist really unnerves me. I try to avoid it like the plague.
Anna: Come on. Don't be a chicken! It can't be that bad!
Jake: I'm not a chicken! But I'll do anything to keep myself from getting in the dentist's chair.
Anna: Even deal with a tooth that's killing you?
Jake: You bet!

meisam317
28-03-2007, 17:22
dar @mir
what are you doing here

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:10
dar @mir
what are you doing here

What do u mean?

R these dialogs useless?

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:17
Category: Emotions

Harry looks fairly anxious because the final exam is three days away and he's not fully prepared yet.

Joanne: Hey, you look concerned. What's on your mind?
Harry: The final exam. I'm not fully prepared yet.
Joanne: Well, don't worry too much. You still have three days.
Harry: Yeah, but three days will fly past in a wink.
Joanne: Well, you still have time to cram things into your brain anyway.

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:21
Category: Fashion

When John tells Becky that the girl who sits several seats away is pretty, Becky seems to be a little jealous....

John: She's really pretty, isn't she? Her skin looks so baby smooth!
Becky: Well, it's just that she puts lots of make-up on her face. Actually, natural beauty comes from within.
John: Ah, I can smell jealousy in the air!
Becky: She has nothing that deserves my jealousy. I don't have to put things on my face and I still look pretty. Don't you think so?
John: Yeah, right! But what did you put on your face last night, those little greenish things?
Becky: They're cucumbers. They're natural skin soothers, natural healers of the skin. Haven't you heard them say on TV that...erh...they soften the skin, wipe out the roughness, counter irritation, and build strength and resilience?
John: Yeah, yeah, yeah! They wipe out tight, tired feelings and remove lines and age signs. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! See I can even recite it.
Becky: That's right! You've learned a lot, haven't you?

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:26

Storyline: John finds his razor burn irritating. So, he asks James for some advice.... .

Jenny: Oh, what happened to your face, John? It looks like a heat rash.
John: It's a razor burn. I cut myself when I shaved this morning. The burns and cuts are really irritating.
Jenny: I know how you feel. Maybe you shouldn't have grown a long, long beard.
John: Well, I thought it would be fun and would make me look more mature and sophisticated.
Jenny: Yeah, my Mature man!
John: Any advice?
Jenny: Maybe you could shave in the shower. The steam really helps soften your beard and moustache.
John: Hm, sounds like a good idea.
Jenny: And you should avoid pressing too hard or tugging on your skin while shaving.
John: I guess I've been stretching it too often when I shave.
Jenny: Hm. I would also suggest you try this cream I have. Use it on the affected area. It really helps moisturize your skin and lessen irritations.

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:30

John has athlete's foot. His girlfriend Jenny recommends he use a cream to knock out the bacteria on his foot.

John: My toes feel very itchy. It's really irritating. I don't know what's happening.
Jenny: Let me take a look. Ah-huh, I think you have athlete's foot.
John: What are you talking about? I'm not an athlete!
Jenny: Come on, John, stop joking. You'd better take care of it before it gets worse. Imagine you have pus gushing out and rashes all over your legs....
John: Stop it, "Dr." Jenny.
Jenny: OK, OK. I guess I've got some cream for it. It really fixes skin in trouble. It's really a help for irritations and blemishes.
John: Is it this one?
Jenny: Not really. That one is for heat burns.
John: Have you had athlete's foot before?
Jenny: Yeah. It was a very bad experience. You know, if you don't keep your feet dry and clean, the fungus will grow and spread out quickly.
John: So my case isn't that bad, huh?
Jenny: You're lucky. Yeah, here it is. Now apply it to the affected areas. This cream is very effective in clearing out bacteria and stopping inflammation from developing.

mir@
31-03-2007, 13:34

At night, as Mac is making the bed, Liz tells him that Connie is going to have plastic surgery. Mac is surprised and doesn't seem to like Liz to do the same. However, Liz, influenced by Connie, has become increasingly self-conscious about age signs in her face....

Liz: (In the bedroom. Mac is making the bed for sleep.) Mac, you know what? Connie's going to get a face lift.
Mac: Oh?
Liz: She even said she'd get the rest done, too!
Mac: The rest?
Liz: Yeah! Mac, if my breasts were saggy, would you still love me?
Mac: What?
Liz: Answer my question, please!
Mac: What a silly question! Love has nothing to do with breasts being large or small, or being firm or saggy.
Liz: I'm just asking. You don't have to be impatient.
Mac: And Connie. She's crazy! No one can sustain youth forever.
Liz: Yeah. That's what I told her. (Liz goes to the bathroom and locks herself in it. She looks into the mirror and starts murmuring to herself.) Oh, I think I'm getting old. The forehead is wrinkled, the eyes are puffy, the sacks under the eyes are dark, and the skin is no longer as resilient as it was. Why! Age has set in! Maybe I also need a lift. Maybe, I need a new life! Oh, I really miss the good old days. At that time, my skin really felt so baby smooth!
Mac: Liz. what're you murmuring about? It's getting late. You should've been in bed minutes ago....

alizali
21-06-2007, 00:44
good but too short. some longer converstion please
and can you tell me the sources
its to hard to downlaod from this site
a better source for download

amintnt
21-06-2007, 01:05
good but too short. some longer converstion please
and can you tell me the sources
its to hard to downlaod from this site
a better source for download